About Us

Serving Greater Vancouver since 1914…..
BURROUGHS PRINTING LTD.
Originally called Cornell & Burroughs, situated on the 500 block of Hamilton Street in Vancouver, later moved to 622 Homer Street (now the location of the main Vancouver Post Office), then to 436 West Pender Street and now at its present site 311 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC.
The early years (before the start of offset printing) it was a Letter Press printing establishment and with the invention of offset printing modernized itself into the new era.
Henry Alfred Burroughs established the printing business with Bert Cornell being the controller of the office. Soon after the start of the business Henry Burroughs served overseas in WW1. Upon the death of Bert, Henry took over control and renamed the business “Burroughs Printing Ltd." as it is known today.
His son Douglas Burroughs, after learning the printing way of life served his apprenticeship at Chapman & Warwick on Seymour Street in Vancouver and ran the business after his Dad’s retirement in the early 1970’s. Allan joined his father Doug in the early 90's and they carry on with the family business.